Skip to main content

Stretch Marks


Stretch Marks (from Wikipedia):
Stretch marks, also known as striae, are a form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. Over time they may diminish, but will not disappear completely. Stretch marks that form during pregnancy, usually during the last trimester, and usually on the belly, but also commonly occurring on the breasts, thighs, hips, lower back and buttocks, are known as striae gravidarum.
Stretch marks are caused by tearing of the dermis. This is often from the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth or rapid weight changes. Stretch marks may also be influenced by hormonal changes associated with puberty, pregnancybodybuilding, or hormone replacement therapy.
There is no evidence that creams used during pregnancy prevent stretch marks.Once they have formed there is no clearly useful treatment, though various methods have been tried.

 @ 20 Weeks

During my first pregnancy I was already so scared of having stretch marks. I have googled a lot about it, the causes, prevention and treatment. I have tried to read a lot on how to reduce having them. I have read that it runs in the family. My mother after having 3 kids has saggy skin on the abdomen, that's why I thought if she had them them most probably I would have the same. I wanted so bad to avoid having stretch marks because i still want to use my collection of bikinis even after giving birth. I bought a lot of stretch marks prevention creams, lotion and oils but ended up not being able to use them because I just didn't had time.

 @ 29 Weeks

I was working full-time when I got pregnant the first time and after a long day at work I was just so exhausted I needed to have a short nap everytime I get home. After waking up from the short nap I had to prepare dinner and so after that I was tired enough to not want to do anything but to have a good night rest. I was only able to use one product which i happen to apply sometimes when i think i have the time to do so.

                     
   @ 2 Months Postpartum

Luckily, after delivery, I noticed I got stretch marks. But just a little bit on the lower abdomen.

What I really wanted to share is that I realized having stretch marks is not that bad after all.
It is a proof of the wonder that our body can make. To be able carry a human being and deliver to this world. I am not ashamed of having it but rather proud to show to the world that I have delivered a wonderful baby.


      @ 7 Months Postpartum

I also wanted to share the things I did trying to avoid having stretch marks:
Aside from applying oil on my belly, I used Bio-Oil (which can easily be found on pharmacies or can be ordered online in amazon and other shopping sites. I controlled my diet by eating just the right amount of food, not too much. This way you can have smooth growth in size of your body, not rapidly which is one cause of having stretch marks. Eating the right food like fruits and vegetables mostly. I didn't do exercise because I didn't do it before getting pregnant and I was scared that if start it while already pregnant my body might not be able to handle it. I did, however, do few exercises on my last trimester which I searched online to try to help me have a normal delivery. I will try and share these types of exercises on another blog. I hope you enjoy this one and some of my photos as well during and after delivery.

 
                @ 1 Year Post partum



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaufland Sonnenschein

Kaufland sonnenschein box is new since I think 6 months ago.  Their box is cool with a lot of interesting stuff.  When you register you also get a lot of discount coupons from kaufland, or gutschein as they call it. I want to share below the steps on how to register online: 1. First you need to go to the Familien momente page. [follow below link]      https://www.kaufland.de/aktionen/familienmomente.html 2. Click on register.     It will then lead you to the page showing the benefits you can have from joining the     Familienmomente from Kaufland. 3. Right below the registration page with all the information of what benefits you can have when you     join in as mentioned above in number 2, is registration button.  You can either click on it or you     can go directly to the below link to continue your registration process.      https://auth.kaufland.net/auth/realms/kaufland-customer...

The Pearl Qatar

The Pearl in Doha, Qatar, is an artificial island spanning nearly four million square metre. Qatar.  A Sovereign Arab country located in Southwest Asia, occupying the small Qatar Peninsula on the northeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula.  The Peral in Doha, Qatar, is an artificial  island  spanning nearly four million square metres. it is a  unique and innovative mixed-use urban development in Doha, Qatar  It has everything what you need, to cozy apartments to toasty restaurants.  Surely you willl find comfort in visiting this place after dinner, movie or anytime want to unwind, this will be the best place to go.  If you ever get the chance to visit Doha, Qatar, whether for Visit or Business don't miss to pass by the glamoruos place in Qatar.

A Broken Heart

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN A BROKEN HEART :: *A BROKEN HEART is when you actually refuse to get out of bed in the morning because you are afraid of the reality that awaits you. *A BROKEN HEART is when you think about the individual that broke your heart constantly. You reminisce the "Good Times" almost as if the "Bad Times" never existed. *A BROKEN HEART is when you are crying yourself to sleep every night & yet crying more & more each morning. *A BROKEN HEART is the unforgettable smell of his shirt that sits in that empty box; stowed away. *A BROKEN HEART is the cold shattering feeling you receive when you hear the syllables of his name. *A BROKEN HEART is glancing at the pictures of the two of you, & then quickly turning your attention to something else to avoid your tears. *A BROKEN HEART is re-reading his ancient letters & putting away the jewelry that he once bought for you. *A BROKEN HEART is secretly wanting to run ba...